Become a Shelter Our Pets Volunteer!
Help us protect animals of abuse victims. Become a Shelter Our Pets volunteer today!
Complete our online application or contact us by email at email@example.com.
We need help on every level, across multiple committee and projects, from individual to corporate and civic teams!
Animal Care Volunteer:
- Transporter (Transports animals to vets, rescues, foster parents, events, etc)
- Dog caretaker (Plays, socializes, walks, etc)
- Trainer (Trains basic behaviors, etc)
- Grooming (provides grooming and care)
- Adoption counselor (Educates new pet owners and potential pet owners)
- Assist Shelter Our Pets with listing adoptable pets online and in print media.
- Case Worker: (Social worker or shelter training required)
- Act as liaison for abuse victims with pets in the SOP program.
Community Outreach Volunteer:
- Provide humane education to abuse victims and their families.
- Provide referrals for pet help and domestic violence programs to abuse victims and their families.
- Foster (House and assist with training animal until adopted, etc)
- Foster Coordinator: Maintain foster database. Recruit fosters. Provide foster families with support, supplies, equipment and information as needed.
- Events (Create online, community, shelter events. Staff live events.)
- Business sponsorships and partnerships
- Grants (Assist with researching and applying for grants)
- Donated Services and supplies (Recruit area businesses to donate products and services required to operate)
- Online: updating website and blog
- Social media: updating social media platforms
- Graphic design and print collateral
- Video, television and radio production
Are you part of a special group? Church groups, girl scouts, school clubs, you name it! We welcome organizations of all kinds to help us raise funds.
Pro Bono Work
Printing, photography, dog trainer, dog walking, grooming and other services are greatly appreciated.
Every one of us has a special skill. Let us know how you can help. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.